The Sensory Services team of qualified social workers and Deaf Community Officers can work with you, your family or your carer.
The specialist workers have detailed knowledge and understanding of the issues that can affect a person who is Deaf, deafened or hard of hearing. They have the skills and experience to work with Deaf people, whatever the choice of communication.
We are committed to ensuring that Deaf people in need of care and support receive high quality services and are treated with dignity and respect. Support is provided to ensure people experience choice and control in their lives so that they can continue to live their life in the way they wish.
What we can provide:
- Practical and emotional support
- Supported self assessments, support plans and reviews
- Support to remain independent in your own home
- Help to identify and apply for supported accommodation
- Practical support, e.g. completing forms for housing
- Advice and information for Deaf parents
- Guidance on developing networks to reduce isolation – often with support workers or volunteers
- Employment support; for example, facilitating meetings with managers or involving Access to Work
- Facilitating equal access or assistance in negotiating with local or voluntary organisations, services or companies.
Contact for support or information:
SMS: 07860 026269
Fax: 01372 360767
Voice Line: 01372 377701