Our projects and activities are dependent upon the generosity of our supporters. Gifts left in Wills, or a ‘legacy’, are especially important. Such gifts may be big or small, but their effect on a child or adult with a sensory impairment is life-changing.
When someone is kind enough to let us know they wish to leave us a legacy, we can plan our future activities with added confidence.
Your gift to us can be the difference in ensuring a person with a sensory impairment lives a full and independent life, long into the future.
Why write a will?
Peace of mind! Having a Will ensures that the right people will benefit from your estate when you pass away. Without a valid Will, it can take months and often years to sort out your affairs. This can mean your surviving dependants (a spouse, partner or children) will have to take on the everyday expenses such as utility bills without access to your money. You can also minimise the amount of Inheritance Tax you pay.
Where do I start?
Sight for Surrey understand that at this uncertain time we all want to make sure our loved ones are looked after should the worst happen. When money is tight, it’s difficult to justify writing a will, and it’s also difficult to do this in the age of social distancing. We have therefore established a relationship with Guardian Angel to provide a simple will for free, that would usually cost £90, that can be produced online or over the phone, and give you peace of mind.
Gifts from wills make a huge difference to our work. There is no obligation, however most people using this service choose to include leaving a gift to our charity in their plans.
Why do this today?
- It’s quick and easy – it could take just 15 minutes!
- It’s safe – Guardian Angel Wills are legally binding and checked by experts
- It is free!
- You will have peace of mind that your affairs are in order
- This can be done face to face or over the phone if you would prefer
There are two main types of gift that you can leave in your Will to Sight for Surrey:
- A share of your estate, known as a residuary gift. You can leave a percentage share in, or all of, what’s left of the value of your estate after bills have been paid and all other legacies have been distributed.
- A specific or item known as a pecuniary gift. You can leave a specific sum of money or a specific item, such as stocks, shares or property.
Finally, if you have already written us into your Will, we are incredibly grateful and we would love you to let us know. For more information, please contact us by phoning 01372 377701 or emailing email@example.com