- providing a link in hospital clinics
- Full time fixed term post initially for one year (part time applications welcome)
- Training will be provided / Trainee salary £20,000
- Rising up to £23,000 per annum pro rata
Sight for Surrey is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for a Hearing Loss Advisor who will principally provide a link in hospital clinics as part of our existing Hearing Loss Advice team.
In this role you will be a vital member of the Sight for Surrey and audiology/hearing aid provider teams, bridging the gap between medical and community-based services providing people diagnosed with hearing loss, their families and carers with essential practical and emotional support.
This role can be delivered face to face within a hospital setting, in community locations and via digital platforms as required. Key to this role will be your excellent communication and relationship building skills with patients, clinicians and a wide range of cross sector partners. You must be able to work on your own initiative, have excellent organisational skills and be a confident user of multiple IT systems. If needed full training will be provided and a Disclosure and Barring Service will be required.
In view of our Social Care activities, our aim is to have a fully vaccinated workforce, and we encourage and support our workers to protect themselves with available vaccinations.
A successful candidate will have:
- A good understanding of the Health and Social Care Sector
- Experience of assessing individual needs
- Positive networking, presentation and partnership-building skills
- Personal initiative and the ability to prioritise own workload and be self sufficient
- IT literacy and competency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers.
Closing Date: Wednesday 11th August
Please read the Job Profile Hearing Loss Advisor and send your completed Application Form, Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, GDPR Privacy Notice to Sandra Chenery, email address as above or by post to Sight for Surrey, Rentwood, School Lane, Fetcham, Surrey KT22 9JX.